10.03.2006

the requisite g-list update. why else would you be reading, really?

comics, kitties, jewery


So forget that whole thing about me updating more often and what-not: clearly it was all a horrible lie, and for that I cannot be too sorry, for in my non-blogging time, I have obtained a fantastic, legal apartment in Brooklyn, and I've run into all sorts of random celebrities and celebrities-to-me. It's not quite Gawker Stalker, sure, but those guys suck anyway.

Today I saw Adrian Tomine walking on Atlantic Avenue between 3rd and 4th Avenue. He was carrying a cat in a cream-colored plastic caddy-thing, probably on his way to Hope Vet down the street. Adrian and I had about 15 feet of awkward eye contact, which I'm pretty sure was construed on his end as "Indie-looking girl knows who I am." Well, you're damn right, friend.

Incidentally, Adrian will be on a panel at the 92nd Street Y on October 26th at 7 p.m. with Jonathan Bennett, David Heatley, Lauren Weinstein and Ivan Brunetti promoting Ivan's new book, An Anthology of Graphic Fiction. So attend and be shocked and awed by all the awkward graphic talent - you will not be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home